HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox:

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.Share | 

Application(Accepted) - Guisarme

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vinc

PostSubject: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:25 pm   Post numberPost #1

Proficiency of English on scale 1-10: 2.5
Time zone (GTM+?): +8

We'd like to get to know our new members, so feel free to pass some information about yourself:
My name is Vincent, I'm from the Philippines, currently taking College of Art and Science Music Department. I'm mostly online during Fridays and weekends.
I'm new to the server GD and I came from Retails which im about to hate. It is my 1st time playing Death Knight Class, 1st time playing on Horde side and 1st time playing as an Orc. And I am someone who doesn't or NEVER DID used recount addon.

Character details:
- Class: Death Knight

- Race: Orc

- Character's name: Guisarme

- Character's level: Currently 64 cuz I was waiting for weekend exp bonus.

- Talent build/s: Frost dual for pve dps, Blood for tanking and Unholy for PVP.

- Why did you choose this build/s?:

+Reading blood spec skills description really makes me think that it was really meant for tanking or simply for 1v1 dueling.
+While Frost is kinda interests me when it comes to DPS race especially if you're totally buffed up, but on the other hand I think Frost spec can also be an aoe tanking or a crowd control tanking spec together with some few blood specs, i don't know but something tells me that it might come out as a very decent spec.
+Unholy is quite a unique build, when I read its skill description, it is kinda saying that DoT is the best part of it and the Ghoul who's kinda irritating (I saw some DK videos and the ghoul is really messing up the target BIG TIME). But I'm not really sure if Unholy is a good spec for PVE DPS, so yea I wanna hear it from you guys if it is.. XD

- Gear Score : n/a atm
- Professions & lvl: (what profession do you have and at what skill is it?)
Enchanter (for money talk and bonus ring enchantments like no others can do) and Skinning (Although I'm certainly NOT into LW or BS, I guess crit bonus of this profession serves me good.)

*What type of player are you (PVP or PVE or BOTH-if you chose pvp you must answer the questions for pvp,if you chose pve you must answer the questions for pve,if you are both pvp and pve player then you must answer both questions for pvp and pve)
: PVE but i like BG PVP.

What Glyphs do you use?
: Like I said, I'm new to WotLK and to the server. But mainly I'm getting Frost Strike and Pestilence.

Please show us your talents from the given link:
PVE DPS: http://wow335.gamestool.net/deathknightt.php?2305000530000000000000000000320053503502030123000330013510000000000000000000000000000000

TANK: http://wow335.gamestool.net/deathknightt.php?0055301533003313200020101000325100500020000000000000000000052320000000000000000000000000

BG PVP: http://wow335.gamestool.net/deathknightt.php?2305021533000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002302323330002002203150003133100

What is your frequent spell rotation?
: Mainly I'm on Frost Spec = Icy Touch + Plague Strike > Blood Strike + Obliterate > Frost Strike > Howling > Frost Strike > Frost Strike > ....

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* FOR PVE PLAYERS ONLY

How do you prepare for raids (10 or 25)?
: I always make sure that I have scrolls with me, some elixirs, foods and hp potions just to be sure if healer fails to heal me lol.

We currently use the DKP loot distribution system for 25 man content. Are you familiar with this system?
: Not quite sure how it is but I have someone to explain it to me in details.

What is your raiding experience ?
DS10/25 man
ICC10/25 man
ToGC10/25 man
OS10/25 man
VOA10/25 man
etc..

Do you have any experience leading raids?
: Yes. I trust my leadership better than pugs.

We require the use of certain mods and addons, and the ability to use voice chat for raiding. You do not have to have a mic (although its preferred), just the ability to take direction- Are you able to do that?
: Addons I'll get them soon and Teamspeak is fine, I got my mic and speakers.

Which 25man ini achievements you have ?
: n/a atm

Which specific addons you use in PVE ?
: Omen, Recount, CombatScrollText and Carbonite.

Our guild raids are mostly planned for the time between 19 and 21 ( GMT+1) , will you be able to take part in them ?
: Honestly, I'm not really sure if I can make it. As you can see, I'm new in this server, I got no one. I'm sick of random people telling me unpleasant things. I wanna be in a very social guild, talkative and with respect. If I cant make it to guild raids, its kinda fine, I bet I can get into other non-pugs raid anyway. Very Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*FOR PVP PLAYERS ONLY

b) PvP experience (BG's,Arena,World Events,Outdoor PVP:
: n/a

Arena rating : n/a
Honor kills : n/a
Arena achievements : n/a
Other PVP achievements (Optional): Well there was this Shaman who used some skill and i flew away down to the ground of arathi basin near the river and I got this achievement (Going Down!) lol.

Any other PVP experience you would like to share with us?
: Yes, Gadgetzan is not a place for newbies.

*General Information:

-Why do you want to join Hellguards instead of other guilds?
: The 1st time I walked out of Durotar and stepped inside Thunderbluff, I saw 2 Hellguards (i think its Cameron and some Blood Elf) and after around 5 mins of wandering around inside Ogrimmar, again i saw 2 Hellguards (Irkman and i forgot the other one) and after porting inside Dalaran I saw 1 Hellguard (some dancing moonkin druid). So later that day, I told myself: OK this guild is kinda active and very social, I wanna be in this guild!

-What are your expectations from our guild?
: Activeness and socially awake.

- Do you have real life friends / family members in our guild?
:

- Is there anyone else in the guild who can recommend you?
:

- What are your former guilds & why aren't you in those at the moment? (btw, we like facts, no gossip nor trashtalk)
: Invalid Target, I got kicked out lol, the leader doesnt understand what I was saying.
Story is:
I have my 1st character 'Lolwhywut' a blood elf mage, me and a guildie went to do OS farming then the leader doesnt have a clue what to do to reset then instead he kicked everyone and then flew away, then Invalid Target leader invited us in party for RDF then while looking for a tank, I was talking in /party chat (with the same guy who was with me during OS farming) about our former OS farming leader,

I said something "damn leader, he doesnt know what to do yet he made a party to ruin it."
then Invalid Target said: "What the Fuck? Lolwhywut STOP BEING A DISGUISE!"
I was like: "huh? disguise what?"
Invalid Target leader: "SON OFA! YOU DONT KNOW ENGLISH! STUPID! DISGUISE 1 more and you're out."
I was ike: "I dont get it, why are you telling me these again?"
-Then I got kicked out of the guild.-
Then my friend told me that the leader thought that I was talking about him LOL. I guess what he meant by Disguise is me acting as a good individual inside the guild lol.

- Hellguards uses a forum for daily communication regarding guild matters. Are you able to visit it at least twice a week?
: Yes

- Do you have any other characters above lvl 70 ? ( if so write the names pls [if the application get accepted you will need to bring all of them to our guild ] )
: Deleted after making DK so that I can still use the same name lol. So no.

-Anything else you would like to add/share?
: Feel free to ask me questions, I'll try to answer.

*Additional Questions :

1. If Thrall gets attacked by The Alliance will you come to defend him?
e) Other (create your own answer).... I want to be honest so... if only I feel like doing it i'll go help thrall lol but if I'm inside 10/25 raid, I wont be going.

3. If you end up on a desert island which 3 things would you take with you? AND GOD NO , don't say internet / computer and wow.
A Telescope/Binoculars, scout rope and a knife or something that can be use for hunting food.

4. If your house is getting robbed while you play WoW ... what you gonna do?
c) I'll beat the crap out of them or die trying. (I just got out from the army academy in Taiwan, I already felt the pain of being shot by a handgun accidentally on my leg and i cant even shout coz of the pain so yeah maybe if I'm alone in the house I can just walk out if he doesnt noticed me for my own safety or if someone is still inside the house, I'd be really gonna try to beat the crap out of them or die trying to protect family member.)

5. ( first one is only for men ) Do you think you got men period? Emotional problems? Love using the caps?
- I dont see how Emotional problem and Men period (lol) relates to using caps, I use caps for word highlights like what I'm using now in this application.

6. If we raid ICC25 with you ... you play shaman and have just died ... but got your ankh ready ...
and we really need your dps to kill the Lich King ... will you click the ankh If in the exact same second your beer drops on the floor ...
and starts spilling ... so you gotta choose. Save the beer or save the raid ... what you gonna do?

-I stopped drinking beer (and smoking and its been 3 years now and I feel wonderful Very Happy) so yeah answer will be none other than clicking the ankh.
Back to top Go down
Tianae
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Title : None
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Character information
Name: Eium
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Warlock Warlock
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:45 pm   Post numberPost #2

there should be an question : you have any alts? you said you got an 80 mage..why you dont apply with that?

sorry not impressed Sad

Last edited by Tianae on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bev14
Hellspawn
Hellspawn

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-12-30

Character information
Name: Gulnarine
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm   Post numberPost #3

I think what he meant was,

He deleted his 80 mage coz he wants the name.

Quote :
- Do you have any other characters above lvl 70 ? ( if so write the names pls [if the application get accepted you will need to bring all of them to our guild ] )
: Deleted after making DK so that I can still use the same name lol. So no.

and don't you think rating yourself 2.5 is kinda low, I think its 7! or 8! ;D

Last edited by bev14 on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vinc

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:00 pm   Post numberPost #4

I can't apply as a mage 80 because I already deleted him, my Mage's name was Guisarme which I named my DK.

I have another alt a shadow draenei priest Lv55 Nesvita but the question is - if I do have any level 70 above characters. So to clarify, my answer is no. I only made that draenei priest just to have the privilage to make a Death Knight even without my Mage 80 and besides draenei is an ally.

I believe that draenei priest is the fastest way to level up to lv55.
Back to top Go down
Warloke
High Council
High Council

Title : Administrator
Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Character information
Name: Shadowspec
Race: Human
Class: Priest Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm   Post numberPost #5

Pretty decent application, enjoyed reading it.
Though about dk stuff i got no knowledge, so i will let it open for some one else.
I'll give you plus for trial.Gluck.
Back to top Go down
vinc

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:29 pm   Post numberPost #6

@bev: You think so? Well I think I suck at vocabularies and I can't really speak in English fluently like how its suppose to be. So I think 2.5 is just fine for me XD and besides I'm still inside Philippines and the funny part is, inside University it says "English Speaking Zone/English Policy" then walk a bit and you'll see "Love your own language" (which is not English) LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm   Post numberPost #7

Im not impressed by the tanking build, hope you will change it when you get gear and so on.
But you seam like a nice person.
I am not sure how to vote for now, maybe you need some help and tips. Anyway my vote is more positive than negative.
No one is born knowing everything.
Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Immortall
Overlord
Overlord

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Character information
Name: Quit.
Race: Undead
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sat 14 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm   Post numberPost #8

I don't get it,actually I've never seen anyone impressed with some application,it's all "I'm not impressed,bla,bla and so on",Jeez say some reason so the guy can refill or even change something in near future.
Back to top Go down
Mizrael
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Title : DPS Mastah
Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Character information
Name: Mizrael
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter Hunter
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:20 am   Post numberPost #9

The app is decent howevah yer frost PVE dps spec is more like good for lvling. I hope u dont intent to use it for raiding. We have a really good and useful frost DPS guide on da forum so it wont be a problem for us to steer u in da right direction. I vote "+" for a trial.

Btw if u need any info and advice for da DK feel free to ask me Smile
Back to top Go down
vinc

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:31 am   Post numberPost #10

well yea i guess you're right since I'm still in the leveling process XD 72 atm. Tho I'm thinking of becoming a tank mainly XD reading lfghorde makes me think that tanks are quite in demand lol and I think DK tank isnt bad at all.

But Mizrael, I wanna ask about Frost DK dps; I dont know what is wrong coz yes im intending to use the same rotation during raid and/or instances so mind giving me some tips/advise on which im missing?
Back to top Go down
Mizrael
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Character information
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:48 am   Post numberPost #11

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:22 pm   Post numberPost #12

@Immortall wrote:
I don't get it,actually I've never seen anyone impressed with some application,it's all "I'm not impressed,bla,bla and so on",Jeez say some reason so the guy can refill or even change something in near future.

Excuse me baby, but you wonna tell me that this tanking build is the best and I should be like -> affraid or even I should respec. If you played dk blood tank please share your exp if not....
Also give my one reason why should I share all I know to none guildie?
The dude is fine, if he get accepted I will gladly help him, till then vote for the app and cut off useless comments.
Back to top Go down
Tianae
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Character information
Name: Eium
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm   Post numberPost #13

hmm ..no idea how i missed that question even if i searched for it like 5 mins Razz
( at that time you sound like you wanna use us to gear your dk )

you seems like a decent person afterall ready to learn etc etc. Very Happy

positive

P.S.

@immortal : its not the best place for such a stupid comments
Back to top Go down
vinc

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:39 pm   Post numberPost #14

QQ
Oops! Google Chrome could not find wow335.gamestool.net
Back to top Go down
Chris
High Council
High Council

Title : Administrator
Number of posts : 4977
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character information
Name: Sabery
Class: Death Knight Death Knight
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm   Post numberPost #15

decent app , positive from me

for pve frost dps i agree with miz bout that spec , does nice dps , im using it for myself also

For pvp unholy needs tweaking
Back to top Go down
Aurore
Overlord
Overlord

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Character information
Name: Aurorre
Class: Mage Mage
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:24 pm   Post numberPost #16

I don't know much about death knights (and some guildmembers can confirm it xD) but it is his first horde character and first deathknight and like they say: "rome isn't build in one day"

To me he seems like a kind guy but about the talents and stuff i realy have no cleu.

I would say + for the general info
For the Death knight part i stay neutral and let someone deside about that with knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Bubblegum
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Character information
Name: Bubblegum
Class: Paladin Paladin
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:33 pm   Post numberPost #17

First of all definetly not 2.5 on English scale (unless you have copied that quote from somewhere else Very Happy ) decent apply, and since you are new to the server I'd be happy to help with whatever you need help with (that is if you make it in the guild of course ) and for the talent tree I'd make some changes, so feel free to see me ingame for it, well that conlcudes it all, good luck with your app and I will speak to you in guild chat soon ... hopefully.
Back to top Go down
bev14
Hellspawn
Hellspawn

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm   Post numberPost #18

Quote :
First of all definetly not 2.5 on English scale

Totally agreed LOL but i think the guy its trying to be humble XD

I don't know about Death Knights and I don't know much about Orcs but feel free to disturb me anytime XD even im in raid 10/25, chatting always comes first LMAO!
I love the application, especially the Invalid Target guild story thing XD except the part when you got accidentally shot lol @_@
Back to top Go down
vinc

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:59 pm   Post numberPost #19

Thanks to all positive negative and neutrals!! XDD

Well I did copied what Mizrael posted XD I need to ask another question about DK: Is Rune Strike effective? Coz i feel like its sorta useless lol.
So far glyphs are: Frost Stike, Pestilence, Obliterate, Horn of Winter and Disease.

@Bubblegum: I just cant rate myself higher than 5 coz I don't really think that I can speak/talk english fluently XD and I'll get to inspect your spec someday ;D

@bev14: To be honest I chose Orc Death Knight coz of Deathbringer Saurfang lol but after reading Orc bonuses, I felt that it is really a good race for DK tho I still think Blood Elf and Undead are better for pvp DK lol. and BTW your sig, Paradise Digital Inc. does that mean you're from the Philippines? lol
Back to top Go down
bev14
Hellspawn
Hellspawn

Character information

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:10 pm   Post numberPost #20

Yes I am, we're not alone XD how'd you know about PDI?
Back to top Go down
Immortall
Overlord
Overlord

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Character information
Name: Quit.
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:17 pm   Post numberPost #21

Enella wrote:
@Immortall wrote:

Excuse me baby, but you wonna tell me that this tanking build is the best and I should be like -> affraid or even I should respec. If you played dk blood tank please share your exp if not....
Also give my one reason why should I share all I know to none guildie?
The dude is fine, if he get accepted I will gladly help him, till then vote for the app and cut off useless comments.

Never said I know nor I will,cos I don't.Altho why not to share it,is it some secret?About voting,I quit it since theres no justice,inc himynameis****imfrombulgariaiam12yoldcanijoinguild?Yeasurecutelittleboyaccepted.

@Tianae wrote:
hmm ..no idea how i missed that question even if i searched for it like 5 mins Razz
( at that time you sound like you wanna use us to gear your dk )

you seems like a decent person afterall ready to learn etc etc. Very Happy

positive

P.S.

@immortal : its not the best place for such a stupid comments

wat,wat,then get out of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Pajac
High Council
High Council

Title : Hellguardian
Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Character information
Name: Pajacoslav
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:29 pm   Post numberPost #22

Orc is very decent choice
1) Hammer time /dance
2) Theyr fat
3) good racials

UD? Not better for pvp anymore...WOTF was so nerfed that + herbalism skill would be more usefull buuuuuuuut still....they look funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mizrael
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Character information
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm   Post numberPost #23

Rune Strike is rather useless for dps, dunno bout tanking. The glyphs u chose are correct so at least u got dat nailed down Smile
Back to top Go down
vinc

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:36 pm   Post numberPost #24

@bev: I know because I used to work there (On job training as part of my academic requirement) as an assistant audio director, President Cecilio Pedro allowed to take the position and work with Director Ginaleen Sy. AND I'm guessing that Bev you're one of the photographer who attended the president's wedding last 2 weeks ago. :p Small world huh?

@Mizrael: I thought Rune Strike is awesome but lol it doesnt do much just wastes Runic Power lol and yea I guess my glyphs are alright. Any idea what are Tank glyphs? I'm guessing Rune Tap is one. lol

@Rajac: and shoulder size looks a bit over sized! XD
Back to top Go down
Mizrael
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Character information
PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme   Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:38 pm   Post numberPost #25

U gotto consult with Enella bout tanking as shes da pro in our guild Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application(Accepted) - Guisarme      Post numberPost #26

Back to top Go down

Application(Accepted) - Guisarme

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Hellguards Forum :: Hellguards' Lounge :: Accepted/Declined-
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.