HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox:

Share | 

Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yen123

PostSubject: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Sun 26 Feb 2012, 10:52 pm   Post numberPost #1

Proficiency of English on scale 1-10: 10
Time zone (GTM+?): +2

We�d like to get to know our new members, so feel free to pass some information about yourself:

Character details:

- Class: Priest
- Race: Blood Elf
- Character's name: Yen
- Character's level: 80
- Talent build/s: Shadow
- Why did you choose this build/s?: For the dps spec, as i just love dealing some damage Smile and i believe everyone does some times:)
- Gear Score : 5427
- Professions & lvl: (what profession do you have and at what skill is it?) Enchanting - 345, tailoring - 11 -,- cracked up laughing cheers

*What type of player are you (PVP or PVE or BOTH-if you chose pvp you must answer the questions for pvp,if you chose pve you must answer the questions for pve,if you are both pvp and pve player then you must answer both questions for pvp and pve)
: PVE

What Glyphs do you use?
: Glyph of Mind Flay
Glyph of Shadow
Glyph of power word : Shield
Glyph of levitate
Glyph of Shadowfiend

Please show us your talents from the given link:

What is your frequent spell rotation?
: I always start with Vampiric Touch, then i flip over to SW: P. After that, i hit the enemy with bevouring plague, and mind blast. after mind blast it is Mind flay x2 followed by Mind Blast again, and repeat. As soon as my mana gets halfway i let loose my shadowfiend, and he restores my mana:) Shame, poor little thing sacrificing himself for my a** cracked up laughing
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* FOR PVE PLAYERS ONLY

How do you prepare for raids (10 or 25)?
: I ensure that i have all my proper items equipped, including my mana potions and drink such as honeymint tea just for in case. i too make sure all my tiems are repaired, and that the correct spec is selected Smile can never be too careful rabbit

We currently use the DKP loot distribution system for 25 man content. Are you familiar with this system?
: Yes i am

What is your raiding experience ?
Vanilla wow:
TBC:
WOTLK:

Do you have any experience leading raids?
: Yes, but not complete with ICC 25, because that is quite a handful.

We require the use of certain mods and addons, and the ability to use voice chat for raiding. You do not have to have a mic (although its preferred), just the ability to take direction- Are you able to do that?
: I am completely able to take directions from anyone Cool

Which 25man ini achievements you have ?
: NONE (That's why i need a good guild, and hopefully i am accpeted into one)

Which specific addons you use in PVE ?
: Skada for damage done and taken

Our guild raids are mostly planned for the time between 19 and 21 ( GMT+1) , will you be able to take part in them ?
:
Oh yes, that's my peak playing time Arrow daily:)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*FOR PVP PLAYERS ONLY

b) PvP experience (BG's,Arena,World Events,Outdoor PVP:
:

Arena rating :
Honor kills :
Arena achievements :
Other PVP achievements (Optional):

Any other PVP experience you would like to share with us?
:

*General Information:

-Why do you want to join Hellguards instead of other guilds?
: Because I saw a lot of Hellguards while playing, and they are really a treat to play with, while understanding and knowing, they really made me realise that thee are good guilds out there, and not just guilds that are super quiet like my current one -,-

-What are your expectations from our guild?
: To arrange events and actually just be online, where if i am busy doing something, like icc 10 man, and there are players online, i can simply ask them if they would like to join. And another expectation is solely to have fun in the game with guild members, enhancing the game's experience.

- Do you have real life friends / family members in our guild?
: Unfortunately not Sad

- Is there anyone else in the guild who can recommend you?
: Don't think so, but i'd love to change that Idea

- What are your former guilds & why aren't you in those at the moment? (btw, we like facts, no gossip nor trashtalk)
: Well, i started with Epic Afrikaners, but they where too quiet and never online to actually do something, which was a let down.
then there is Waste, a guild made by a friend of mine that too is quiet, and the maximum amount of people online was 2 at any one time.

- Hellguards uses a forum for daily communication regarding guild matters. Are you able to visit it at least twice a week?
: Yes, i will be more than able. Daily actually:)

- Do you have any other characters above lvl 70 ? ( if so write the names pls [if the application get accepted you will need to bring all of them to our guild ] )
: I do have quite a few characters, but at level 80 and useful is Kritzle, my first character, a blood elf paladin at gs 5.4k; and then Gokul, my troll death knight at 5.2k gs with pvp gear and half a pve thing going on:)

-Anything else you would like to add/share?
: I would really like the oppertunity to enhance my wow experience with an actual guild that knows what they are doing, and i strongly believe that you guys are the best bet:)

*Additional Questions :

1. If Thrall gets attacked by The Alliance will you come to defend him?
a) Yes , 100 %. I'll be there, gonna give my ass for The Horde!
b) F.ck him, he will re spawn.
c) Who gives a damn about Thrall! I am in love with Tyrande already.
d) Sure, if I am not in 25 man raid.
e) Other (create your own answer)....

E) Hell yes! I'll be there on the words What the Fuck! No Ally is attacking us and getting away with it! Go HORDE! FK ALLIaNCE!

3. If you end up on a desert island which 3 things would you take with you? AND GOD NO , don't say internet / computer and wow.

I would start off with a Pilot. you may ask why, but here's the trick: I will take a fully functional Pilot, to fly MY fully functional Plane, with the fully functional Gas that goes in it to get off that bloody place!

4. If your house is getting robbed while you play WoW ... what you gonna do?
a) Depends if we raid the Lich King, I'd rather wait for my loot then gonna call the cops.
b) Pfff ... as long they don't try to take my PC, we are cool.
c) I'll beat the crap out of them or die trying.
d) I'll run around screaming like little girl.
e) Other (create your own answer)....

I'll type out the words "JUST GIVE ME A SECOND< SOME IDIOT IS ROBBING MY HOUSE >ILL BE BACK NOW" then i will beat the living daylights out of him, sound my alarm, check on the family, and then wow until the police and ambulance arrive. cheers

5. ( first one is only for men ) Do you think you got men period? Emotional problems? Love using the caps? I Like using the caps, i'll admit it, but it makes the sentence more alluring to the boss we're about to kill monkey so no, men pms, as it is scientifically proven as yes, i think no ^^, Like a Star @ heaven

6. If we raid ICC25 with you ... you play shaman and have just died ... but got your ankh ready ...
and we really need your dps to kill the Lich King ... will you click the ankh If in the exact same second your beer drops on the floor ...
and starts spilling ... so you gotta choose. Save the beer or save the raid ... what you gonna do?

Tricky one... ^^, Here's what i'd do : I'd press my hotkey on my keyboard with my right hand, killing the Lich King, while at the same time catch my beer with my left hand, not taking my eyes off the screen thus not missing the show Smile and they say only women can multi-task cracked up laughing bounce
Back to top Go down
Yen123

PostSubject: My lil stuff up :0   Sun 26 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm   Post numberPost #2

dam, forgot my Build! lol sorry, here it is:)

couldn't figure it out, but i built it on this:

http://armory.molten-wow.com/calculator/talent/5/?build=0503203100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000325223001223012323152301351

Hope it is acceptable:) Sorry for the F'up
Back to top Go down
Warloke
High Council
High Council

Title : Administrator
Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Character information
Name: Shadowspec
Race: Human
Class: Priest Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:26 am   Post numberPost #3

Nothing impressive.Neutral for now
Back to top Go down
deena
High Council
High Council

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Character information
Name: Deenna
Race: Worgen
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:03 am   Post numberPost #4

Yen123 wrote:

What is your frequent spell rotation?
: I always start with Vampiric Touch, then i flip over to SW: P. After that, i hit the enemy with bevouring plague, and mind blast. after mind blast it is Mind flay x2 followed by Mind Blast again, and repeat. As soon as my mana gets halfway i let loose my shadowfiend, and he restores my mana:) Shame, poor little thing sacrificing himself for my a** cracked up laughing
: I ensure that i have all my proper items equipped, including my mana potions and drink such as honeymint tea just for in case. i too make sure all my tiems are repaired, and that the correct spec is selected Smile can never be too careful rabbit

There are some differences between your rotation and your talents. Example:
You say you open with VT -> SW:P. But that is not proper.. SWP should be put when Shadow Weaving has 5 stacks. You get a minus of dps there.
" Mind flay x2 followed by Mind Blast again".. ok..now if you have 4 t10.. then the build is correct 99% but the rotation is all wrong. If u don't then u both are broken.. for less then 4 t10 you should really consider Improved Mind Blast to reduce your MB cooldown. If you already have 4 t10, drop MB and dont use it, unless u are almost /oom.

PS: why all ppl use IPW:F instead of Martyrdom.. idk.. this is up to every1 choice. Let the holy priests buff stamina.

Against the fact that your build is a bit messy and the rotation can be improved (which is nothing that can not be repaired, if u are willing to learn), please reply to my comments with valid arguments and I will cast my vote. Neutral for now.

Deena

PS: This is a competent reply to an application btw..folks.
Back to top Go down
Yen123

PostSubject: Reply - Deena and to Warloke   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm   Post numberPost #5

Hey!

first of all, thank you for the reply posts on my application, I really appretiate it, and i accept and appretiate the constructive critisism.

Yen is my very first Priest, and my third level 80 character. It took me a long time to get to know him, as i believe all my characters have all their own personalities and obviously only one way to properly play with them, thus i completely understand and I agree with you Deena.

Yen does have 4 t10, and then my rotation does need some work, as you said Deena, and I would be honored and very appretiated if you could teach me the right way to get my build up to 100%, with a rotation that accomodates it perfectly, making Yen a killing machine Smile Embarassed

I will definitely do much more research on my Priest to fully understand what he can do, and what he shouldn't Smile As i said before, I am open to learn, and i am not a shut off player that believes only his own way is correct. I will most definitely do much more research on Yen and I am glad to say that i have learned something valuable today, and i thank you for that.

For me every day i play on wow i learn just a little bit more that is to this huge game. I would really like to hear more critism from any other viewers of my application, and i am not closed off to any more critisism from you Deena, as i really appretiate the feedback.
Back to top Go down
deena
High Council
High Council

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Character information
Name: Deenna
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm   Post numberPost #6

I always say that "skill" is learned and can be improved and your attitude is open and positive.
+ from me.

Deena
Back to top Go down
Yen123

PostSubject: Thank you Deena!   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 5:46 pm   Post numberPost #7

Thank you Deena, I will not let you down if i am given the chance Smile

Oh, and I checked out the links on your post, very impressive! Aspiring to learn a lot and better myself so that one day i may be as sought after like you:)

Thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
Foxtthunder
Overlord
Overlord

Title : None
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Character information
Name: Foxtthunder
Race: Undead
Class: Rogue Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm   Post numberPost #8

haha......i dont understand nothing about priest but + from me
your atitude like deena says is great
Back to top Go down
Warloke
High Council
High Council

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Character information
Name: Shadowspec
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm   Post numberPost #9

Hmm, i'm quite impressed to see your cool attitude. As Deena already showed the facts , i would like to add that you should change glyph shadow:power word shield to dispersion or mind sear for aoe fights.
About mind blast, use it once in every 15secs if you are having problem with mana, else you can simply ignore it.

I would like to see you in guild.
Positive.
Back to top Go down
Mizrael
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Title : DPS Mastah
Number of posts : 2777
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Character information
Name: Mizrael
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter Hunter
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:27 pm   Post numberPost #10

deena wrote:
I always say that "skill" is learned and can be improved and your attitude is open and positive.
Can't add anything else besides dat I totaly agree. Giving a "+" here GL! Smile
Back to top Go down
Norleen
Overlord
Overlord

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Character information
Name: Norena
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid Druid
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:41 am   Post numberPost #11

gl i like his attitude and his reply and following his app with a real interest so no thing moar can b said .. + from me
Back to top Go down
irking
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Character information
Name: irkingftw
Class: Paladin Paladin
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:35 am   Post numberPost #12

IMBA "+" for IMBA Attitude! GL!
Back to top Go down
Yen123

PostSubject: Thank you   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 4:16 pm   Post numberPost #13

Thanks to all the guys and girls that are replying to my application, it really means a lot. And thanks once again for the good critism! changes are gonna be made, definitely:)
Back to top Go down
Yen123

PostSubject: Changes made   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm   Post numberPost #14

I took the advice of all you guys, and i'm proud to say that my glyph was changed to mind sea, my tailoring is up to 225 Smile cheers and i did some research on my rotation sunny

looking much much better already:)

Back to top Go down
Icespice
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Character information
Name: Icespice
Class: Death Knight Death Knight
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:37 pm   Post numberPost #15

ok I really liked your attitude and you seem like a nice guy so I give ma + here
Gl mon Wink
Back to top Go down
Nebloa
Overlord
Overlord

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-12-29

Character information
Name: Nebloa
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid Druid
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm   Post numberPost #16

irking wrote:
IMBA "+" for IMBA Attitude! GL!

Couldnt say better xD Staying positive. gl
Back to top Go down
Yen123

PostSubject: updates   Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm   Post numberPost #17

Update on my gear score:) 5480 and going strong, although the server is offline:(

Looking forward to more comments! Lol cyclops keeping my fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Wii
High Council
High Council

Title : Voodoo Mastah
Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Character information
Name: Yuurei
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter Hunter
PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)   Thu 01 Mar 2012, 11:02 pm   Post numberPost #18

i like your attitude and your app though not perfect you show u can take some really good advice

+ from me

Accepted

hellcome contact any high council ingame for inv

make a forum acc with your main char name or it wont get accepted

also check this topic for all you need to know about the guild

http://hellguards.nice-forum.com/t2396-basics-you-need-to-know-after-joining-hellguards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)      Post numberPost #19

Back to top Go down

Application - Yen - Shadow Priest (Accepted)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hellguards Forum :: Hellguards' Lounge :: Accepted/Declined-