HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox:

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.Share | 

Application - Elana (Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stef0

PostSubject: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm   Post numberPost #1

Proficiency of English on scale 1-10: 8.95
Time zone (GMT+?): +2

We'd like to get to know our new members, so feel free to pass some information about yourself: I consider myself a nice and helpful person.

Character details:

- Class: Priest
- Race: Blood Elf
- Character's name: Elana
- Character's level: 80
- Talent build/s: Shadow
- Why did you choose this build/s?: I like slacking
- Gear Score : 5.8ish (don't really use Gear Score addon)
- Professions & lvl: (what profession do you have and at what skill is it?)
Enchanting and Tailoring maxed with most of the recipes

*What type of player are you (PVP or PVE or BOTH-if you chose pvp you must answer the questions for pvp,if you chose pve you must answer the questions for pve,if you are both pvp and pve player then you must answer both questions for pvp and pve)
: Both, but mainly PvE.

What Glyphs do you use?
Major - Glyph of Shadow; Glyph of Dispersion ; Glyph of Mind Flay
Minor - Glyph of Fortitude and Glyph of Levitate i think, haven't really payed much attention
Please show us your talents from the given link:
http://wow335.gamestool.net/priestt.php?0503203000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000325023051223012123152301351

What is your frequent spell rotation?
: normally it's VT --> DP --> MB --> MF --> SW:P and then keeping up dots
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* FOR PVE PLAYERS ONLY

How do you prepare for raids (10 or 25)?
: i make sure i have candles and Savory Deviate Delight, noggenfogger is also an option (looks>all)

We currently use the DKP loot distribution system for 25 man content. Are you familiar with this system?
: Yes.

What is your raiding experience ?
Vanilla wow: Haven't played Vanilla but i have raided every instance as a 70/80.
TBC: Karazhan, ZA, TK, SSC, GL, Hyjal on retail, the others as a higher level on privates.
WOTLK :ICC 10/25, Toc/Togc 10/25, Voa 10/25, Naxx10/25, Ulduar partly.

Do you have any experience leading raids?
: I don't like leading that much cause i have an issue with retarded people and i can get mad easily(sometimes).

We require the use of certain mods and addons, and the ability to use voice chat for raiding. You do not have to have a mic (although its preferred), just the ability to take direction- Are you able to do that?
: Yes I am.

Which 25man ini achievements you have ?
: hmm hard one, not sure since i'm not logged, but i've killed every boss on 25 except for PP, Sindra, LK and Gunship for obv reasons. Full ToGC 25.
Which specific addons you use in PVE ?
: not really using that much addons atm but usually DMB, Auracle, DoTimer.

Our guild raids are mostly planned for the time between 19 and 21 ( GMT+1) , will you be able to take part in them ?
: Yes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*FOR PVP PLAYERS ONLY

b) PvP experience (BG's,Arena,World Events,Outdoor PVP:
: BG`s, Arena, Outdoor PvP.

Arena rating : 2000 a couple of months ago
Honor kills : 4000+
Arena achievements : Hot Streak, Just two of us 2000, Vengefully Dedicated
Other PVP achievements (Optional): For the Horde

Any other PVP experience you would like to share with us?
: I use my brain ?

*General Information:

-Why do you want to join Hellguards instead of other guilds?
: Well i am guildless atm and i wanna get back into raiding since i haven't done some quality PvE in a while, also i have raided with some of your members and they seem quite nice and skilled.

-What are your expectations from our guild?
: I am looking for friendly people/commulity so I can spend my time with and have fun, also to improve my WoW skills with the help of my fellow guildies.

- Do you have real life friends / family members in our guild?
: no

- Is there anyone else in the guild who can recommend you?
: hmm i've raided with Defice and Devlen, on rogue tho(maybe on priest aswell) but i can't be sure if they'd recommend me Smile

- What are your former guilds & why aren't you in those at the moment? (btw, we like facts, no gossip nor trashtalk)
: Been in Vindication, was sort of a core member, but then i quit WoW altogether, then i had a period in Sanctum but i stopped playing WoW again.

- Hellguards uses a forum for daily communication regarding guild matters. Are you able to visit it at least twice a week?
: Yes, i tnink so .. Smile

- Do you have any other characters above lvl 70 ? ( if so write the names pls [if the application get accepted you will need to bring all of them to our guild )
: Elanox : Combat Rogue
Ellanor : Holy Paladin

-Anything else you would like to add/share?
: No, but if anyone has some questions, I will be glad to answer. Oh, i like chocolate milk.

*Additional Questions :

1. If Thrall gets attacked by The Alliance will you come to defend him?
a) Yes , 100 %. I'll be there, gonna give my ass for The Horde!
b) F.ck him, he will re spawn.
c) Who gives a damn about Thrall! I am in love with Tyrande already.
d) Sure, if I am not in 25 man raid.
e) Other (create your own answer)....

e) depends if i'm in the mood for farming HKs

2. Dafuq happened with question number 2?

3. If you end up on a desert island which 3 things would you take with you? AND GOD NO , don't say internet / computer and wow.
Computer, internet and WoW jk lol, i guess a ship, license for it and a crew so i can get back to civilisation Smile

4. If your house is getting robbed while you play WoW ... what you gonna do?
a) Depends if we raid the Lich King, I'd rather wait for my loot then gonna call the cops.
b) Pfff ... as long they don't try to take my PC, we are cool.
c) I'll beat the crap out of them or die trying.
d) I'll run around screaming like little girl.
e) Other (create your own answer)....

I have 2 bloodthirsty hounds for that .. Smile

5. ( first one is only for men ) Do you think you got men period? Emotional problems? Love using the caps?
I .. don't ... even :X , as for the other one: i avoid using caps.

6. If we raid ICC25 with you ... you play shaman and have just died ... but got your ankh ready ...
and we really need your dps to kill the Lich King ... will you click the ankh If in the exact same second your beer drops on the floor ...
and starts spilling ... so you gotta choose. Save the beer or save the raid ... what you gonna do?

I forgot to mention, getting drunk is part of my preparation for a raid, so i won't be drinking beer during the raid.
Back to top Go down
Chris
High Council
High Council

Title : Administrator
Number of posts : 4979
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character information
Name: Sabery
Race: Undead
Class: Death Knight Death Knight
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 9:41 pm   Post numberPost #2

Quote :
-What are your expectations from our guild?
: I am looking for friendly people/commulity so I can spend my time with and have fun, also to improve my WoW skills with the help of my fellow guildies.

are you kidding that answer sounds familiar

also
Quote :
- Is there anyone else in the guild who can recommend you?
: hmm i've raided with Defice and Devlen, on rogue tho(maybe on priest aswell) but i can't be sure if they'd recommend me

Defice and Devlen to reply here

till then holding my vote.
Back to top Go down
Stef0

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 9:48 pm   Post numberPost #3

well i just used it because it's kinda what i wanna come for .. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:04 pm   Post numberPost #4

mate, why do you cast VT --> DP before MF 2 ticks and SW:P? Casting MF 2 times gets your shadow weaving up to 5, increasing your damage with your DoT's, which means a higher start-up dps, some food for thought.

SW:P is only cast once due to your MF that reticks it, so you want to get that out asap, not to cause a dps loss there, but all these issues are minor and can be fixed real easy

Then i have a question: with ur gs being say 5.8k; with that build, do you have your 4 t10 yet? if not, then that build is good, but if ya do have your 4 t10, then your talents needs to have a look at as improved MB won't be needed.

If you can answer my post with the info i need, i'll cast my vote.

neutral for now
Back to top Go down
Stef0

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:23 pm   Post numberPost #5

ok, about the first question : there are alot of ways of opening on a target, depending on gear and playstyle, mine has always worked well enough for me and for almost all spriests i have seen, i'll look up into your advice Smile
second: as u mentioned SW:P is cast only once per fight(if you stay 100%) but you are missing a little fact that it depends on when you've applied it(depending on Shadow Weaving stacks). Basically if you apply it with no stacks at all it will do the same damage all the time it stays up, not scaling later with the stacks, at least how it is supposed to be, not sure about how it goes on GD, hence if i cast it w/o stacks i will have to recast it later on full stacks.
third: i have 4pc t10, and no it's not useless to get imp MB, it depends on your haste levels, at over 1000 passive haste i might ditch it, but for the time being it will stay.

hope i have made myself clear Smile and thanks for your reply
Back to top Go down
Chris
High Council
High Council

Number of posts : 4979
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character information
Name: Sabery
Race: Undead
Class: Death Knight Death Knight
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:33 pm   Post numberPost #6

i have no idea bout priests but i like your attitude

Positive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 11:00 pm   Post numberPost #7

Ohhhh, why every kid thinks that his/her English is perfect.... 8-9-10, thanks God there is no more than 10...
Anyway I will stay Neutral till our spriests give opinion here.
Back to top Go down
Stef0

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 11:16 pm   Post numberPost #8

Thanks Riki.

I would like to say that i don't think my english is perfect, neither do i claim that it is. I'm sorry that's all you had to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 11:39 pm   Post numberPost #9

Stef0 wrote:
Thanks Riki.

I would like to say that i don't think my english is perfect, neither do i claim that it is. I'm sorry that's all you had to say.

Better than instant negative, dont you think? I`m tired of 15-18 year-olds saying how good is their English. When you go in uni and study only English for atleast an year, go and say my English is 8 or 9...
Anyway I don`t think that this is a thing to discuss here or the I should explain myself to you.
Still neutral.

HF
Back to top Go down
Warloke
High Council
High Council

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Character information
Name: Shadowspec
Race: Human
Class: Priest Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:05 am   Post numberPost #10

It really doesnt matter if someone's english level is 4 or 10 out of 10. If the person is clear enough to make you understand his expression or viceversa i dont see any problem with it.So thats not a big deal.

Your rotation is ok except MB, With 4 pcs t10 u shouldnt use mb unless u want to keep up replenishment up or u can use once every 14secs if u got mana problem.
About casting sw:p at the begining is a dps loss,it automatically scales the dmg when the 5x weaving stacks are up. You may want to test it urself.

Overall good application ,voting plus for trial.

Last edited by Warloke on Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Fri 13 Apr 2012, 6:39 am   Post numberPost #11

Ah loke! You corrected me! Damn... Was hoping he would with the info I was looking for! cracked up laughing

Last edited by Yen on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Fri 13 Apr 2012, 6:58 am   Post numberPost #12

@loke. Dude, it was kinda an intellegence and patience test asking him that, to see if he knows why he is casting what he is casting and that he isn't just copying some guide off the net and if he would start cursing and screaming cuz of what I am saying. As to that, I also wanted to see if he knows his character well, but all is good, as I knew someone would want to correct me on that, although I was hoping it would be him first. Can't get anything past you man;) cracked up laughing

@Stefo, I did mention that shadow weaving must be up to 5 before castinf SW:P, unless I was unclear when I said MF 2 ticks(wich gets your SW to 5) before SW:P... As for the rest, I have found the info I was looking for, and as loke said, you should really test yourself to see if Improved MB is the thing to go for with your 4t10..

As for your application, I give a '+' for as it seems that you know your character, and you are able to take constructive critisim (even though it is wrong 8-)cracked up laughing )

so GL mate and see you in game. I can see we gonna have a lot of debates of what's better but all in the good spirit of learning, as we all are willing to help as dee and loke helped me.
Back to top Go down
Stef0

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:14 am   Post numberPost #13

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mizrael
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Title : DPS Mastah
Number of posts : 2782
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Character information
Name: Mizrael
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter Hunter
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:22 pm   Post numberPost #14

Despite yer pitiful English level (Tami pls don't kill me I just couldn't resist da temptation Rolling Eyes ) u seem mature enough to join us. I vote "+" GL! Smile
Back to top Go down
irking
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Title : None
Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Character information
Name: irkingftw
Class: Paladin Paladin
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:23 am   Post numberPost #15

Decent Application and Good Attitude "+" from me GL!
Back to top Go down
Psychoo
Peacekeeper
Peacekeeper

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2012-02-12

Character information
Name: Draconicx
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:31 am   Post numberPost #16

Decent attitude.Your talents are ok for now, but dude get 4xt10 asap and get rid of that MB cracked up laughing

Back to top Go down
Stef0

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:11 am   Post numberPost #17

i have 4/5 t10 but with imp mp i do more dps at my current haste level. thanks for the feedback Smile
Back to top Go down
deena
High Council
High Council

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Character information
Name: Deenna
Race: Worgen
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:01 am   Post numberPost #18

If your MF has a cast time of 1.8 or less, it will do more damage then MB.

My advise is to build some haste to reach that point and drop MB. You will also have an extra of 5 talent points to put them some place else.

I liked the application overall. + for trial.

Deena
Back to top Go down
Stef0

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Sat 14 Apr 2012, 12:18 pm   Post numberPost #19

yeah i know, at ~900 now, got dfo and the toc 5 trinket, soon gonna get the t10 head and change my pants with wover death and hopefully i can get my hands on Festergut's boots Smile
Back to top Go down
bagher
Trial Member
Trial Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Tue 17 Apr 2012, 5:15 am   Post numberPost #20

I'm neither a voting person nor a priest. but let me tel u somethin Stefan.
there is nothing wrong with your english. you are doing good bro! (from a person who's achieved TOEFL 113/120 Twisted Evil )

PS: I really liked your attitude toward others. u seems a nice guy to me. wish u good luck Stefan.
Back to top Go down
Stef0

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Tue 17 Apr 2012, 6:56 am   Post numberPost #21

Thanks, I don't think my english is bad or something, infact I think there are people that have such high self esteem it's ridiculous. Anyway please remove my app and thanks for your time. Smile
Back to top Go down
deena
High Council
High Council

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Character information
Name: Deenna
Race: Worgen
PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)   Tue 17 Apr 2012, 5:42 pm   Post numberPost #22

CLOSED at guest request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Elana (Closed)      Post numberPost #23

Back to top Go down

Application - Elana (Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Hellguards Forum :: Hellguards' Lounge :: Accepted/Declined-
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.